The Shuffle Demons - Cluster Funk Release

The Shuffle Demons have been one of my favourite bands ever since I was small, so when they announced that they would be playing in Toronto for their first release of original material in over ten years, I knew I would have to go.
I last saw the band long ago, when I was only two years old in Ottawa. I of course do not remember much so I had wanted the chance to properly see this long time favourite for once.
The Shuffle Demons opening act that night was a local band called Turbo Street Funk. They put on a fantastic show, doing a variety of cover songs including Foster The People's Pumped Up Kicks, the Inspector Gadget theme, the Harry Potter theme, and the best being the theme from Fresh Prince of Bel Air. They often busk around Toronto so if you ever see them out on the street, check them out!
The Shuffle Demons put on a fantastic show. The band played a long set, performing most of the songs off of their new album, Cluster Funk, as well as old favourites such as Out Of My House, Roach and Cheese on Bread. My favourite part of the night was when they performed my favourite song, and their biggest hit, Spadina Bus. They invited the supporting act back on stage and performed a drawn out version of the song. Which included them all going out onto Dundas Street late at night and playing for a good five minutes or so. This was definitely a memorable performance.
The Shuffle Demons are a great live band, with a show full of energy. Cluster Funk is also an excellent album, keeping the original energy and funk of the band as well as adding a new twist on their style. This new album only continues to solidify The Shuffle Demons as a classic Toronto band.
The Shuffle Demons perform their hit Spadina Bus on the Spadina Bus in Toronto.

No comments: