Hollerado with The Balconies and Topanga

The Balconies are one of my favourite bands, and I have been lucky to see them twice before. They never fail to put on a fantastic show full of energy. The Balconies have a great rock sound and their EP, Kill Count, is one of my favourite CDs. Just like the times I have seen the band before, they put on a great show getting the audience into their music. The lineup for this show was amazing, with all the bands being some of my favourites but The Balconies solidified my decision to attend. The band had a setlist jam packed with both released and unreleased material. I cannot wait until the fourth time I get to see this amazing trio! If you have not already, check out their EP, Kill Count.
 Topanga are a local alternative rock band, that have a great sound. Both their music and show is fun and full of energy. It's nearly impossible to stay still while listening to their songs. Their sound infuses a variety of styles but is still simple at the same time. The band put on an excellent show, keeping the audiences attention and picking up the energy from The Balconies' set. I really enjoyed their performance, and most definitely recommend to check out their single Oceans. I cannot wait until the next chance I have to see Topanga!
Hollerado are an amazing Canadian alternative rock band. I had the chance to see them before during NXNE this year, which was a great show in itself. This time around, Hollerado put on a fantastic performance yet again. Their set was packed with energy and fun, as they blasted through songs off of their album Record In A Bag. They had the crowd singing and dancing along to their music, and even got some people up on stage to do the "Gangham style" dance at one point. Hollerado were able to keep the audience engaged, even when they were having technical difficulties with one of their amps. Another highlight was how they had members of Topanga come out and shoot confetti into the crowd. The band also hung around after the show to talk to fans, making them all the more genuine.
Hollerado's show had a great and unique atmosphere and they are definitely one of my top picks of bands to see live. This concert had a great lineup, with all three bands being personal favourites and such amazing live performers. This was a great show to end off my summer concerts.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos!