The Sheepdogs at Echo Beach

In September at Echo Beach, I had the chance to see a handful of some of my favourite bands perform together. The first act was Zeus, a local band that has steadily been gaining a large following with their modern take on the classic rock sound. I have had the opportunity to see Zeus live a few times before and was happy to see that they were the first opening act. Even after seeing Zeus in concert so many times, they never fail to disappoint. I enjoyed every minute of their set! They are definitely a band to keep tabs on, and hopefully they will be playing more shows in Toronto soon!
The next band to perform was The Sadies. They have been on the circuit for quite some years and it was great getting to see them live. They have a gritty, roots rock sound, with a show to match. I really enjoyed their set, and they definitely deserve the hype they've received. The Sadies suited the throwback theme of the musical sound for the evening, adding to the extensive lineup.
The last opening act of the night was Yukon Blonde, an indie rock-pop group. Yukon Blonde has a great sound consisting of catchy tunes. They put on a great live performance, pulling their audience in with their lighthearted songs. Their music is polished and I can’t wait to hear more of it. I also can’t wait for my next chance to see them live!
It was next to impossible for me to wait the whole evening until The Sheepdogs came onstage! I have had the chance to see them twice before but they are so great live; I couldn’t not go to their concert!
The Sheepdogs are one of my favourite bands, especially when it comes to live performances! They never fail to put on a great show! The Sheepdogs had just released their latest and fourth studio album. It has a different sound from their prior releases but still remains along the same “bearded 70s rock” sound. There is more of a blues aspect to the record with songs such as Feeling Good, Ewan’s Blues and Javelina. The album was produced by Patrick Carney from The Black Keys, and the single Feeling Good sounds eerily like a The Black Keys song.
The Sheepdogs put on a great show, playing songs mostly from their last two albums. They played a relatively long set, with a variety of pace throughout. All of the band members seemed to be enjoying the show and showed that they were thankful to be able to play to such a large audience. The Sheepdogs was definitely a memorable concert, and I’m glad I had the opportunity to see them live again. Hopefully I get yet another chance to see them in concert! If you haven’t seen The Sheepdogs to date, they are a live show you can’t miss!

No comments: