Grouplove - November 2012

Grouplove are one of my all time favourite bands. It's impossible not love their beach-y indie pop-rock tunes! So naturally I was more than excited for their show in Toronto.
Their opening act, Papa, were a great band! I really enjoyed their music, which consisted of a relaxed indie-pop sound. They put on a good set, getting most of the minimal audience into it. I definitely enjoyed it for one. Their EP, A Good Woman Is Hard To Find, is great; containing six songs which perfectly exhibit their sound. It's definitely going to be at the top of my summer music list.
After Papa, Grouplove finally took the stage! Even though I've had the chance to see the band before, it was still a surreal performance. The band were amazing as usual, playing songs from their first album Never Trust a Happy Song and debut self-titled EP. They also threw in quite a few new songs to the mix, which I really enjoyed. Their new material is slightly different from their older songs. The new songs have a more mature feeling to them, and there was a variety of both up- and down-beat songs, that had both folky and alternative rock influences. One of my favourite parts of the set, was when they played Cruel and Beautiful World acoustic without any microphones or amps. It was absolutely magnificent! Grouplove put on an amazing and magical performance; it was a night to remember!

No comments: